Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 19, 2005, 11:13 AM   #1

Hello all, yesterday I bought the KM Z10 on the advice of the sale person at Jersey Camera. I originally went in to buy the Canon 510 but it wasn't instock yet. Several weeks ago I decided on the Canon S1 IS based on it's 10x, movie mode and rotating screen. But price considerations led me to give up some features to save a few pennies. Once I got out of the store I realized the movie mode on the Z10 had no sound! Makes no sense to me, but that's beside the point. SO, the salesman should have informed me about this , but I have no problem with the oversight because I am able to bring it back and get what I want. Ok, that's where I am at right now.

I payed $230 for the Z10. The price on the Z2 is $350 and with the rebate it will cost me $300. The S1 IS is $350. Both the Z2 and the S1 have specific features that would please me but the pict to pict shot time and the extra resolution on the Z2 for $50 less have me won over at the moment. I have to laugh now because I am ending up spending $120 more than I intended but I am sure the overall picture taking experience will be worth it. My previous camera was a Nikon 775 now unusable do to a "system error" lockup.

The rebate on the KM Z2 has led me to order that camera to replace the Z10. For me the movie mode is a very important feature because I only take short clips and would like to use them on my computer. The zoom feature will mostly be taken advantage of in outdoors situations, so assuming I will usually have good lighting available from above I don't see the IS as a deal breaker for me. The only thing that has me wondering now about the Z2 is the fact it has been discontinued . Any thoughts on why this should affect my decision, or is it a non-factor in your informed opinion?

Thank you !
jgowrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links