Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 20, 2005, 12:50 AM   #1

Hey All

I went down to my local cam store the other day and tried the Eos 20d, D70 and DR XT and I must admit all are great cams (took my memory card for comparison) and I liked the XT but it feels extrmely small and light in your hand compared to the others, almost uncomfortably so.

My question is has anyone yet had the XT with the BGE3 grip ? I would be interested if it bulks the camera out enough to compensate for these issues. Other than this the cam is great but if I can't get around this I will be forced to go for the D70 or convince the wife into letting me het a 20d

Wildcat_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 20, 2005, 10:41 AM   #2

i have the XT so i guess i am a little biased.

i work at an electronics store and i had the chance to really play with the cameras before i purchased one. i liked the XT for its size and i actually liked having a smaller body. the first thing that i did was buy another lens because i wanted a little more telephoto than the kit lens. since i do a little more cropping and photo editing, i liked having the extra resolution to work with and from what i saw, the canon seemed to have better quality at higher ISOs, great for basketball and hockey games. i have fairly large hands (10.5 in from the tip of my thumb to the tip of my pinky, but i have not noticed the XT as being uncomfortable.

i hope someone who has the D70 will respond. i know there must be some advantages to the Nikon but by not having the camera i dont know them.
lemondster is offline   Reply With Quote