Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 26, 2005, 7:43 PM   #1

Have been pounding various sites the last couple days trying to figure out what will be my third digital camera. Gave away a still good DimageX after buying a S4i nearly a year ago but the later's lens has gotten stuck with Pentax claiming it must have been damaged to get so. Have been mainly looking at the high functional end of point and shoots. Would buy the Nikon 7600 immediately were it available but that is not the case and can't get any word on when it may be so. Don't want to wait. Like the fact it uses AA form factor batteries and SD memory which I already have quite a bit of from the other two previous models.

So I came upon a couple of obscure newly released Samsung 7mp models, the Digimax V70 and Digimax V700 both of which have minimal visibility here in the USA. Think they have been pulled out of our tough high end USA market to focus on Europe. No reviews of either model anywhere but I like the price which is $100 plus below the competion likely only because they have been ignored by marketing media and are being priced to sell off the shelfs quickly. Like the above Nikon they also can also use AA's and SD memory. One wild thing about the V700 is one of the body color options is red which I guessplays to the iPod marketing beat. Anyone here have any comments on these two models or what is going on with Samsung?
bakpakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links