Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 1, 2005, 11:39 PM   #1

Here's the deal; I'm looking for a digital, not less than 3MP nor greater than 5MP, with a min 3X optical zoom, that has a good burst mode for sports AND can almost fit in a pocket! (My S5000 has the perfect burst modes but is a bit big for skiing with.) Burst has to be greater than 2 fps and at least 3 pics. Prefer a real view finder and no propriety (sp?) battery setups.
No brand loyalty here, and cheap is good:-)
Any ideas?
Thanks much,
ps. yes, image quality is important.
Saltydog5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 2, 2005, 9:00 AM   #2

I don't know of many cameras that do that... And although they don't go above 2fps, they don't go below either. The A95 and S60 from Canon will do 2fps for at least8 frames in 5mp JPEG at Superfine. At fine, you can raise that to 12 frames. The problem is that the S60 takes a proprietary battery.

Other than that, there is the SD series from Canon, for example, the SD300 goes between 2.38 fps to 2.6 depending on the resolution and compression. It will take as many frames as the card can take. The problem is that it takes proprietary battery.

I'm sure there are other cameras, but those are the ones I know of that are "small", between 3 and 5 mp.

I personally own the A95 and its a very fine camera, I would probably also think that the A75 and A85 can do as well, but I do have the exact numbers...
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote