Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 5, 2005, 2:29 AM   #1

I have a dilema and a headache now but don't know know to solve it out. The story is that I'vebought a black Canon Digital Rebel 300Dat $885 USD for two weeks. Now after hearing the Rebel XT that was just released in the market last week, I checked up with the seller and she said that it cost $1,200 USD (in Saigon). In reality, it costs $1,100 USDat Canon's distributors. If you guys were me, would you be ready to pay for another 300 bucks for the Rebel XT. Is the RebelXT any good and worth the money? Or, 300 buckscan wisely be saved to buy a good lense. Please give your advice soon so I can arrange totravel toSaigontomorrow for the deal. I'd much appreciate your time and advice.

PS: I have tried surfing the internetbut haven't found any pages have clear comments about the image quality and its value. Probably is is too soon to say anything?
Quan Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 6, 2005, 11:18 AM   #2

Take a look at our Canon Rebel XT first look, we have a comparison page that shows the main features differences here:

The biggest difference besides the additional 2MP of resolution is that the Rebel XT lets you pick the metering and AF modes of your choice, the original Rebel set those based on the exposure mode selected. It also benefits from a larger buffer, faster DIGIC II processor and uses the newer .cr2 raw format.

We have posted some sample pictures, with more to come as we conclude this review in the next week or so. The image quality is excellent as is expected from a Canon large plateCMOS sensor.

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2005, 9:01 PM   #3

Quan Tran

What did you do??? The suspense is killing me... I'm thinking you REALLY NEED Rebel XT. Me too. Now if i can just get my wife to understand.

thatsanicepicture2 is offline   Reply With Quote