Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 8, 2005, 3:56 PM   #1

Hello all!

Im Chrisfish and I recently sold my Canon S1 IS. Overall I was very pleased with that camera; however, it didnt have the MP that I was looking for. Now Im considering a top of the line point and shoot or a low level dSLR. I was hoping to get some help from some of the experts or more advanced users out there.

2000 cdn (1600US) although I would be willing to invest more in a dslr (up to 3000 cdn.

I dont want anything too large.

image quality is very important (8mp)

as well at least 10X zoom (300mm or more)

Willing to consider any but I prefer Canon and Nikon.

I would like a camera that I could use a doubler with as well as get a wide angle lense (or adapter) and a macro as well.

If its point and shoot I was thinking of the Nikon Coolpix 8800 and if its a dSLR I was thinking of getting a digital rebel xt.

But I was working out the costs of the Digirebel and figured it would cost at least 4000cdn to get what I want! So Im favoring the Nikon Coolpix at this point.

Nikon has several lenses that work with the coolpix (WM-E80 Wide-Angle Converter Lens, TC-E17ED Tele Converter Lens ) . . however places like ebay have even more options.. are these good options or rip offs?

If you have read this far, thanks,
and if you have any input, it would be appreciated.

Chrisfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links