Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 9, 2005, 10:54 PM   #11

AMAZON!!!! All the way! Best customer service out there. If there is problem with the item Amazon pays shipping to return, best of all it is all done via the website, no RMA necessary. Been buying from them for years (all sorts of products) and rarely ever need to talk to anyone, but when I do I still get top notch, english speaking, service. Can't beat that!

Also they recently offered second day shipping on any order regardless of size or amount for $79 per year. Pretty nice if you frequently purchase and don't like to wait 5-6 days for delivery.

Crutchfield! Also great customer service but not many 'deals'. I bought my wife an el'cheapo car stereo for Christmas but didnt' get around to installing it until March. It was defective, so I called and they sent out an advance (crossship) replacement, it too was defective. I called back and they took them both back for refund, over 90 days after purchase. As an added bonus with a car stereo they always include the dash kit, wire harness and detailed instructions on how to install, including disassembly of your vehicle, all for free.

BHPhoto Average prices, fairly quick ship, not as good for returns exchanges etc. Quality products, but if have experienced a slight reluctance by the customer service to accept returns. I have only had to return twice but both times (once defective item and once still new unwanted item) they issued and RMA but not as gracefully as others.
Also return policy is only 14 days. Customer service is closed on Saturday.

New EGG - great prices! Quick ship. Customer service and return policy a little better than BHPhoto. I used to buy a lot from NewEgg until they started charging tax in my state. Pretty much kills most deals now.
ChiefValue.com is also NewEgg under different name.

Just my .02 hope this helps.
davedeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2005, 3:53 PM   #12

Never buy w/o checking out resellerratings.com. There's a sucker born every minute, and two to take him...
jkusmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2005, 9:23 PM   #13

They always Fed-Ex your purchase; I have used them and newegg.com for the last 5 years with no concerns about either one.
trooplewis is offline   Reply With Quote