Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 11, 2005, 6:30 AM   #1

I have long been yearning for a Canon EOS Digital Rebel since I have an EOS SLR and the digital model would accept my wide-angle and zoom lenses. However, since learning of the Panasonic zoom capabilities, it would seem to make more sense owning a digicam that always has its zoom capabilities with it. Does anyone have an opininion as to the quality differences of the two cameras and also the difference in the ability to catch rapid-fire sports shots?
adamsonp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 11, 2005, 8:16 AM   #2

I own an FZ 20. If you are going to be taking action shots in low lighting situations, or even moderate lighting, the rebel would be the way to go (though it will be a much more expensive way). You need to be able to shoot at highter iso settings (400,800) to be able to get fast enough shutter speeds for sharp shots in these conditions. The noise with low light shots with the FZ 20 at iso 200 and 400 is pretty high. Event though it has the F2.8 lens, you still probably would be better off with the Rebel, although I would suspect for indoor sports shots you would need a prettybright lens for the best results.However, if you are mainly going to be shooting outdoors, I'd recommend the FZ. It is an amazing camera for outdoor wildlife and action pics.
bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote