Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 11, 2005, 1:52 PM   #1

Ive been Studying diffrent digital cameras, and i have come to the conclusion of getting the Sony V3 or the new Olympus C-7070. Not sure wixh one to go with. Any last tips on deciding.

olympus : Lots of feature.
Sony : Very fast.

For the images that i hve seen online, it seems to me tha the c-7070 has better image quality. But not sure about it !

thanks for any help !

xalex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 17, 2005, 9:25 PM   #2

You have to look atyour likely use for the camera.

I bought the 7070 when it first went on sale but returned it after a few days as it will not focus properly in subdued lighting conditions.

I bought the V3 which has Nightframing and Hologram focus and it is very good in these type of conditions.

For outdoor pix, I would say both cameras are pretty similar although perhaps on balance the Olympus might be slightly better in terms of overall picture quality.

The other factor is, of course, price. The Sony is beginning to be heavily discounted as it nears the end of it's shelf life and here in the UK it can be bought for up to £100 less than the Olympus.

Perhaps this is not the definitive answer you were seeking but at least it gives you some further input in your quest for the perfect camera, which has not yet , probably, been built!!

Good Luck....

simpix is offline   Reply With Quote