Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 16, 2005, 1:09 AM   #1

i have the s1, and i love it... i dont complain about its low light focusing problems; i do not zoom 10x in a dark room.. but i do care about its focusing speed.. that makes me consider fz5.. shall i change it? shall i give up exellent video capability, stitch assist, swivel LCD, underwater case, manual focus?? by the way i am a geologist. thank you.. if there are people who had used both of them, iwould like to hear their first impressions.. difficulties using the cameras etc..
echinacea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 17, 2005, 4:35 PM   #2

I haven't used the Canon S1 IS but I too was torn between that and the FZ5. Handled both of them, hemmed and hawed for a few months and finally held out for the FZ5. I absolutely love it and I do not regret the purchase at all. Takes great pics right out of the box and it is easy to navigate. My other cam is a Canon SD200 and there is no comparision between quality of pictures. I will never touch the SD200 again!

Kind of wish the FZ5 had a swivel screen on it because there are probably situations where you'd use it. The FZ5 focuses really fast and I delete very few of the pics I take even if the subject is boring - I like to look at the details and marvel over them!
Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote