Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 19, 2005, 12:31 PM   #1

I have 7 questions about Panasonic DMC-FZ5 and Casio EX P-505

1st: I would like to know if any of the two camera mentioned (Casio P505/Panasonic FZ5) are able to do Wide-angle functions. It allows taking panoramic shots, which camera can do this?

2nd: Which camera is Faster (meaning more light can come in per second). How do you look at the shutter. Is the min shutter slower the better?

3rd: I have heard from owners of the Casio EX P-505 that there is no continues drive, so from shot to shot it needs 2-3 seconds. Is this true? Does the Panasonic suffer the same fate? How many shots can you take for the Panansonic FZ5 continuously?

4th: Is it important to have a viewfinder? Since LCD can be difficult to use outdoors. Is there such thing as a true daylight visible LCD yet.

5th: Does the Panansonic FZ5 have pre-programmed scene modes. If Yes, how many pre-programmed scene modes they have?

6th: Is the Flash of the Casio weak? Is the Panasonic Flash powerful enough that it does not requires a hotshoe and also does the panasonic have a flash assist like the Casio?

7th: Lastly, tell me in your own plain words, Which digital camera is better? I mean, Which would you all say you prefer?

P.S.: I have Developed photos from DCRESOURCE samples. Both are comparable except that the Casio seems more... eh, saturated(Colourful). The Panasonic also produced great colours too!

fodio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links