Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 22, 2005, 10:26 AM   #1

Hi Everybody,

I have been researching for almost5 months now on which prosumer camera to buy. I had a Fuji Finepix 3800 before this and wanted to explore between an entry level camera ( like 3800) and a DSLR. I narrowed my search between Canon Powershot Pro1, KM A200 and Nikon 8800. The problem with me is the more I read about these cameras, the more I get confused. I am extremely fascinated at antishake mechanism which is with 8800 and A200, but I am equally implressed with the picture qualities of Pro1. I read in some circles that Pro1 is getting discontinued( I am not sure, though). Also, I heard that with pro1, it is difficult to take pictures in motion or wildlife photography, where as pictures are soft in 8800 and Pro1.

Can any one of you who have reviewed these cameras or undergone the same process guide me. I will appreciate your help.

Thanks in Advance.

vishwavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 23, 2005, 7:53 PM   #2

Wait for the Pro2 with 10x optical and IS
Ixus 700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2005, 4:15 PM   #3

Ixus, do you know something we don't??
105sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2005, 4:21 PM   #4

You should look at the operating characteristics of the cameras as opposed to how you will use them. I can tell you from 1st hand experience that the coolpix 8800 has a slow auto-focus and shutter as well as a long return to ready time. Picture wise it takes wonderful pictures and has every control you could want - IF You can wait or otherwise pose some of your pictures.

Sure some will say - focus and hold the release button half way down but still this is a slow camera especially as opposed to say - the Panasonic FZ5.
xjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote