Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 27, 2005, 11:18 PM   #1

:?Hello, Just want to say first this forum looks great.

Went down to Wal-mark and got confussed when I look at al that stuff, need some sound advice.

Heres what I am looking at.

Want a camera that can connect usb, vcr, dvd or tv.

want to be able to take still and motions pictures

like to have sound and record onto dvdinto computer.

like to have zoom capacity for taking pictures of art or people to use in screen saving pictures/ animation jpg,gfi motion for website// email// etc. or just to send to friend and family.

I need to know what i need to look at via carmera/ software/ etc. and if you got a price tag adverage.

note I ant rich but disabiled and just not getting me life back together form four yr. dry spell. I welcome all your help DIrect Current.

Direct Current is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 27, 2005, 11:43 PM   #2

Well Im kinda biased on this one I bought the Kodak DX-7590 5mp 10x zoom etc and the wally-world price seems to vary as I got mine for $370.00 then with a 50 dollar rebate from Kodak check it out if you like heres the review....

TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2005, 8:42 AM   #3

Digital camcorder may be better choice for your wants.Still cameras are very limited in motion mode.
gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2005, 10:55 AM   #4

Take a look at the Panasonic FZ20. 12x zoom lense, audio and excellent video mode.

ukwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 7:27 AM   #5

Like wagaboo I got the Kodak DX7590 and think it's great. Prices do vary depending on where you shop. I got mine at SAM's club on line for $418 then got the $50 rebate from Kodak.
cwodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2005, 6:16 PM   #6

Optio s5n
quitefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2005, 7:08 AM   #7

I would go with one of the smaller and easy to transport Canon Digital ELPH series. They take fantastic shots, got great reviews, and they're worth the extra buck. Kodak's product(s) are something i just can't recommend anymore. My "first" digital camera was a Kodak LS-443 and it was the biggest piece of junk I ever saw. Yeah, it "used" to take great pictures, don't get me wrong, for a subpar camera, that is. After owning it for only 8 months, it had to be sent back to Kodak because the lens gear mechanisms broke. After it came back from Kodak, it worked for another 5 months before outside shots washed out no matter what setting I used. The quality control of Kodak is what's going to cause their demise. I can't recommend ANY Kodak camera. Sorry, Kodak.
bradenmikael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2005, 9:26 AM   #8

I, like Wagaboo and CWO have a Kodak but I got the DX6490 instead at Wal-Mart. It does most of the things the 7590 does but it usually cost about 100- 150 dollars less. It will meet all of your criteria but won't put you in the poor house doing it. Here's a shot taken with the DX6490 yesterday. It was taken on full auto and sports mode because the subjects were on the move.
Attached Images
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote