Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 29, 2005, 5:12 PM   #1

As some of you know, I am STILL trying to find the "perfect" pocket camera (a seemingly impossible task!). In the past few days, there has been a bunch of Amazing Deals (check slickdeals.net) so I ended up ordering FIVE cameras with the understanding that I will either return or sell FOUR of them. Can you guys help me find the "KEEPER"? out of the bunch. pretty please?

Here are the candidates (and for my sanity, please don't suggest a camera that's not on the list unless you really think it would be my IDEAL pocket camera )...I should also say that I am looking for a pocket camera that I will be able to have with me at all times. Many of the shots will be indoors, usually in someone's home and 99% of them will be of my young children. Image Quality is very important (more than size) Now for the candidates...

1. Optio S5i - got it for $226 . I've read that the image was better than Canon SD200/300 ?
2. Nikon 5900 for $265. I know a bit slow but seems to produce NICE IMAGES.

3. Kodak LS753 for $199 - seems to have favorable reviews and "nice color"....

4. Sony P100 , also for $199 - I will most likely sell this one since it has very mixed reviews.

5. Finally, the SD400 + 256 SD card for $300 from Dell although it's backordered PLUS the not-so-favorable review will make this a likely candidate for the 'ole auction block.

So, which one do you guys recommend ? Which one has the BEST IMAGE QUALITY? I even thought about the Canon S410 but for the same price, I can get a newer, faster camera but maybe not better image quality ? ....Thanks!
kimnicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links