Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 25, 2005, 9:48 PM   #11

To the Hun,

I set a $300 limit on a point and shoot camera. If I went with an ultra zoom I would, of course, be willing to pay more. Please, Please let me know what other cameras you had in mind...Keeping in mind that I am left-eyed and wear glasses. Would I look for a camera with the the zoom controls on the front . I am going to look at the Fuji S5200 this weekend and would appreciate any more suggestions to look at. Thanks very much.

kindleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 9:36 PM   #12

Just saw your post...don't have much time to answer now - past my bedtime.

Regarding your vision, and the S5100, there is a thread floating around somewhere in this forum about that. It included a statement by one individual who found it impossible to use the S5100 since he is left-eyed and wears glasses. I am also left-eyed and wear glasses, and have no difficulty whatsoever in using my camera. I take my glasses off and use the diopter control to adjust the viewfinder to my vision - only have to do that once. As an option, I can keep my glasses on and use the LCD to compose my shot. I can use the viewfinder with my glasses on, but I prefer to take them off. Some people feel that the best place for the zoom control is by the shutter release, however I prefer to keep my trigger finger on the shutter release and zoom with my thumb.

Try one on for size in a store this weekend...I think you'll like it.

Good luck.

the Hun
rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote