Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 8, 2005, 11:32 AM   #1

:?I was just hoping to get some opinions on these two cameras. I thought I was set on the Olympus but just today was reading more of Steves info and found the Nikon seems to be a strong contender for me.

I want a camera for general familiy use. I will be the primary user and want a camera thats capabilities exceed my needs. I now use an old Sony Manciva (1.5 meg) I have mastered this camera and I'm suprised at how some of my pixs compare to those taken by friends who have much more advanced cameras.

My friends mostly "point and shoot" and don't use the capabilities of the camera. I know an 8meg is probally more than I need but I can't resist the extra horsepower.

Same price on both, similar ergonomics, same class. Most interesting is the VR feature the Nikon has. Is this very desirable??? I don't see this with the Olympus.

On another site I checked the cameras togeather on the "camparometer" and the Nikon seemed to come out just a bit ahead. This is the first camera that seemed better, on this forum,than the Olympus (of units inthe same range of course).

I hope I'm not rehashing this same question, if I am maybe someone could send me in the direction of a previous forum.

Thanks for any input, Kent.
kent rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links