Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 8, 2005, 10:26 PM   #1

I think I've finally decided to get a Sony. I was planning on getting the dsc-p100, but I know the p150 and p200 are available.

I'm not an enthusiast. I want a point and shoot camera that I can take everywhere. I want something that is sturdy, as it will suffer a little abuse (I use it outdoors quite often)

Do I really need more than the p100? If so, why? I would be paying significantly more for either one, so I want to know that it's really worth it to go up in price. Can anyone give me some advice as to which one to get, keeping in mind that I have pretty simple camera needs (I've never printed a picture over 8x10).

Thanks in advance for any advice!

JesterPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 9, 2005, 9:52 AM   #2

hey jester,

we're kind of on the same situation. my mind is set on a sony too, but I'm still looking into different models.

I don't think you need more than the p100, based on your "simple camera needs". 5mp is a lot, and the difference in price from p100 to the others is much bigger than the difference in quality.

as for me, I'm also considering the dsc-s40. it's 4.0mp, but, like you, I'll only use the digital for everyday pics. in my opinion, it's also good enough for 8x10s.

good luck.
kezs is offline   Reply With Quote