Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 10, 2005, 9:18 AM   #1

Hi everyone, i recently broke my Ixus 400 (S400) by breaking the screen! I am now looking into a new camera. I loved the Ixus 400, and hated my previous camera before that (Kodak 4330) anyways, im now looking to buy a new camera!!

I want it to be
Small and strong (will fit into pocket) preferabbly Powershot S400 size or smaller
Good zoom (3x)
Good videos (640x480 at 30fps) (unlimited preferably)
Great photos (anywhere from 4mp to 7mp will do), though dont care about high amount of pixels too much!
Good flash!
It also has to be reasonably cheap (under £250), which is about $400 (basically something cheaper than the SD500 (as that costs 300 pounds here although it costs about 350 dollars over in america!

I will be using this camera for nights out, and just generally point and shoot, i dont care about manual controls! thanks

I have narrowed the decision down to either the Fuji F10 or the Casio Z750 now.
The Fuji is bigger, but takes better photos (better flash), and is cheaper in the UK. Any suggestions? I just wish there was a cheaper version of the Casio Z750 (with 5mp instead, but everything else the same).

Whats this about the Fuji 910 or something which will blow all other competition away? what type of camera is it (ultra-compact?).

Argghh I don't know which one to get!! (im not going to get the Ixus 40 50 or 700, due to reasons such as bad screen, and not very sharp images, plus 700 is too expensive for me!)
tian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links