Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 11, 2005, 3:20 PM   #1

I have had a small not so good digital camera until now but I'm going to buy a new one in about a month and I can't still decide which one. I have narrowed it down to 2 cameras:
Canon Powershot SD400, and
Sony DSC-P200

I'm looking for a small powerfull light camera that fits in my pocket and I can take it anywhere I want. I want a very good movie mode too.
These two cameras have 2 great movie modes even though the canon makes .avi which I think is better compared to Sony's quicktime movie (one of my concerns). To have great movies I need at least a 2 GB card (for about 17 minutes with the canon and 24 with sony in the higest movie mode). So buying each one of these with a 2 gb card (SD for canon and memory stick pro for the sony) is about $540 for each - the same for both (360+180 for the canon and 340+200 for the sony)
The P200 has 7 megapixel compared to 5 of the SD400 but this is not such a big deal because I wont be printing such huge photos.
The SD400 is you know CANON and has great color bu in the other hand the sony (based on the many reviews including the review of dcresource.com) has no redeye.
What do you guys think? Please help me

p.s. I thought about SD500 too but it's a little heavier than what I want plus it's about $100 more! And if I wouldn't care about the size I would most definitly wait and buy the Canon S2 IS and not care about the price at all ... that is some great camera. There's no other non-professional better camera than the Canon S2 in the market right now, right?
Lenny_ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links