Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 13, 2005, 7:01 AM   #1

have a g5 currently - trusty workhorse but very very slow. looking toreplace with dslr for top quality studio work and a fast compact p&sto carry everywhere. im a canon girl at heart, and am comfortable with their menus, software etc, and i love images my g5 produces, but would considerventuring out into other brands

compact needs to be quick to fire up and quick shot to shot and quick flash recycle time. would like to have shutter priority for rare occasion when needed, but a good programme mode for pick up and shoot without thinking, with image quality similar to g5.

also, needs to be small but not so tiny that its difficult to hold firmly either in landscape or portrait mode without obliterating flash or pressing buttons accidentally! or so small i'll lose it.

would be using mainly for spontaneous family shots indoors and out and would ideally carry it everywhere in my handbag or pocket.

very rarely use special scenes. in fact with g5 have used it 99.9% on programme,

5mp or above

currently thinking along lines of

canon a95 (is this still slow?)

or casio ex z750

and i do keep coming back to sd500 (despite no sport scene/shutter priority)

rchittenden is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 13, 2005, 11:26 AM   #2

The new Fuji F10 caught my eye. It's small, fast, has 6.3 MP, AF illuminator, and ISO from 80 to 1600. On the down side, it doesn't haveshutter priority, and the flash recycle times aren't the fastest. I guess you can't get everything in a compact camera.

the Hun
rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2005, 6:25 PM   #3

The Fuji F10 uses a really dumb adaptor to connect to USB or to charge the batteries. You are in trouble if that adaptor gets lost.

The Hog
Queeniethehog is offline   Reply With Quote