Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 14, 2005, 9:04 AM   #1

I'm trying to decide between the Canon Powershot Pro1 or the Sony DSC-V3. I was spoiled somewhat by the nice zoom on my Olympus c-700 UZ with 10x Optical and would "like" this feature if the camera features compliment it.

This camera will be used for taking family pictures, daughters high school sporting events, vacations, scenery, and general use. I'm no professional by any means, but what something that can be used for awhile and is an all around great camera

I like the 7x zoom on the Powershot as opposed to the 4x on the Sony. Both take Compact Flash now so that helps. Does the newer technology on the Sony outweigh the "older technology" on the Canon?

I want it to be quick shot to shot (important), good in low light (from what i hear the Sony's flash is awful), and quickly focus. I've heard negative on the Powershot with Zoom Speed, AF, and Zoom Ring Response, but has now been FIXED with a firmware upgrade which now makes the Powershot EXCELLENT (any experience with this????).

I'm used to Point and Shoot, so from my understanding, doing the zoom and focus on the Powershot is done with the ring, which should take getting used to but is somewhat better.. no?

As far as camera quality, ease of use, picture quality and speed, which of these two would serve the best for what i'm looking for????

ANY suggestions / comments would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

sideout_co is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links