Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 15, 2005, 9:09 PM   #1

I am looking for a higher-end camera with both auto and manual controls. Right now I just point the camera and shoot, but I'm lookingat getting a bit more in-depth with photography. I would like a camera that I can take landscapes and skyscapes with, but also still get good shots of my kids indoors. Is there a camera that has good image quality for both indoor and outdoor shots and has manual controls so that I can still use it as I learn more about the manual settings?

I do not want a DSLR at this point. Rather than buying a camera that needs a bunch of extra lenses to get the different types of shots I want, I would prefer something with a fixed lens.Plus, I don't want to have to lug around a camera, plus extra lenses for it. I'm willing to spend more to get a good prosumer that can do what I want. I've read so many reviews and looked at sample shots till my eyes crossed, but I am just lost! All of the outdoor shots look fantastic, but I can't seem to find one that gets good reviews for indoor shots as well. Is there one out there or am I out of luck?
TraceyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 15, 2005, 9:29 PM   #2
Super Moderator

two good models that pop into my head after reading your post is the G6 from Canon and the 8400 from Nikon.. the V3 from Sony is also definately an option and is a bit more compact than the other two... why don't you check out the reviews and articles on those and see how they match up with what you are looking for...
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote