Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 23, 2005, 9:23 AM   #1

Is there such a thing as a compact camera with better than average zoom that takes good quality low light pictures?

After reading the reviews on this site for far too many days, I have decided which options really matter to me.

1. Most of my pictures are taken indoors in crappy lighting. So good low light quality is a must.

2. Quick shot to shot time since I'm taking pictures of a toddler.

3. Quick flash recharge (toddler again)

4. Better than 3x zoom capabilities. I currently have a sony handycam with 10x zoom, and definately got spoiled with that. (was messing around with film camera yesterday that only has 3x zoom. Realized that would probably get on my nerves).

5. Low noise levels.

6. At minimum 4mp, I do some cropping and also print alot of 8x10's.

7. Manual and Auto controls.

I was looking at the Sony W5 before I figured out the zoom issue. Now looking at Fuji S5100, but would like other suggestions as well. I was really impressed with the reviews regarding Panasonic Z5, however it's not available at Best Buy, which is my only option as to where to purchase this from. (oh, and SLR's are totally out of the picture)

snowflake12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 23, 2005, 5:19 PM   #2

Since not all of us have a Best Buy nearby, can you tell us what is available there, so we don't waste time suggesting something you can't get?

PhilR. is offline   Reply With Quote