Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 25, 2005, 9:46 PM   #1

i would really like to get into photography. and down the line i will be getting a good dslr cam for more professional stuff. but for now i want something that will take nice pics, have some good features on it, but dont have to be treated like gold. something i can carry on a walk to the park or threw the park. something i can take on a train trip and not have to worry about a 1000 dollar cam and lenses breaking on me. the pictures i take with it would end up being used in graphics programs and print outs if i really like what i took. which might mean printing 5x7's or 8x10s at one point or another. hope someone can help thank you
Jesse_Jaymz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 27, 2005, 5:43 PM   #2

since no one said anything so far, i may as well recommend you the fujifilm f10. it should be around $350 and it is currently the best compact digicam. it has a regular 3xzoom and no real manual control in terms of shutterspeed/aperture, but you have various ways of influencing what you are getting.

the pictures are very sharp and the camera excels especialy in low light and indoor situations where it provides up to ISO 1600 in an extremely usable (low noise) way.

for more detail you can read what i posted in the fujifilm section, and there is a very comprehensive review at dpreview.com

AndyME is offline   Reply With Quote