Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 27, 2005, 10:44 AM   #1

My wife and I are looking to purchase our 1st digital camera.. Yes I know we are slowly behind the times..lol We want a camera to have good optical (prefer 10x ) but that maybe expensive.. We looking to take great outside and inside pics with our kids and families.. We want a camera that is hopefully under $500 bucks range.. We would like to have an option that has mpeg clips for those "if I only had a camera" on me.. I'm thinking we only need a 5pixel camera for this and maybe can buy add on attachments for it later to take better pictures.. What is out there that would suffice our needs and price wise??

Thanks, Dx
Dxtra30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 27, 2005, 2:04 PM   #2

First thing to do is to learnsome backround info. Go to the "buyer's guide" here and input your requirements of mp, zoom, and budget. You will then find all of the possibles, and then go to the reviews for these and learn what they can do, and which have the movie mode you want. Once you do this,you will find out thatthere are quitea few cameras that will fit your budget.If this doesn't help you to pick out a model, then come back here and ask the more specific questions that would enable us to narrow down the field a bit...

PhilR. is offline   Reply With Quote