Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 31, 2005, 4:00 PM   #1

I'm in the market for a new small digital camera. I'm looking for something that would take a great still picture and a good videos. I have done some research and found the following models and want some opinions or recommendations.

1- the Sony DSC-M1. This is my first choice. 5 MP camera and takes good lengthy videos (up to an hour with 1 GB stick). Price is a bit high.

http://www.sonystyle.com/... ...ameras_Cyber-shotMDigitalCameras&Dept=cameras

2- Aiptek Pocket DV5900. Price is good (150) but I can't find much reviews about it. I wonder about the picture and video quality.

http://www.aiptek.com/... ...creen=PROD&Product_Code=PKDV59&Category _Code=DC1

3- Digilife DDV-S670. Again, can't find enough information about it. Cheap (150), small and compact. Not sure about the quality of picture and video. Seems to have many features.

4- SVP DV6688. Seems to have decent pictures and videos. Good size and price (200).

I don't want to end up with a toy on my hand. I will be recording outdoors stuff most of the time and need something light and small for quick outings, outdoor play, kids games, etc.

Any suggestions, opinions or recommendations about these or other hybrid cameras are welcomed.
andy2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 31, 2005, 7:09 PM   #2

From what I know, you should stay away from all of those cameras.

I'd maybe take a look at the Sony DSC-P100/P150/P200.

Or, consider the Canon SD200/SD300/SD400/SD500.

Check out this thread for more options:

thebac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 8:21 PM   #3

I have to agree with thebac...stay away. Your first choice is probably the only legitimate candidate, however a hybrid is not necessarily a real good still camera or a real good video camera. For $400+ dollars, you can get a much better still camera, which will also take decent videos. Take a look at the cameras thebac suggested.

Also take a look at the Fuji F10, and this link:

Good luck.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 4:50 PM   #4

Look at the Casio EX-Z750 - I have owned one for 3 weeks and thoroughly recommend it! - review is on this site
ufitsy is offline   Reply With Quote