Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 4, 2005, 3:31 PM   #1

I am new to this whole world of digital cameras (although not new to this world.I'm 75 years old). I want a camera that is not terribly sophisticated, but have lots of time on my hands so don't want one without quite a few features. Pictures will be both inside and outside, ranging from outside scenes to pictures of my pets.

I have decided on 5MPs since I like 8X10 prints.

I have looked as the Kodak LS753, the Fuji A350, the Fuji E510, and the Olympus D595. All of them are in my price range, and I can get them for about the same money. Would welcome any suggestions. The features to a bginner look almost the same (for instance, what is the difference between the Fuji A350 and the E510?
Charley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 4, 2005, 7:12 PM   #2

Whatever you do, dont be intimidated by technology. If you know what you want, then go for it. There will always be newer technology coming and so after you make a decision, don't second guess, embrace it.

Of the cameras you mentioned, the LS 753 has had good to excellent ratings everywhere that reviews cameras. It is easy to use, small, and produces good pics. Kodak also has great software which is helpful if you plan on editing pictures on your computer.

I also know that the E550 is decent camera as well. I think that camera has a wide angle lens, perfect for large family group photos. It can also be helpful to capture more of landscape per picture. I have read mixed reviews about this camera, sopm saying it's great, others saying it is not.

As for the other two, I am not too sure about them. Try going to the manufacturers website for spec sheets, and typing in the name of the camera on google to see if it has any availible reviews.

Any way you go, I wish you best of luck starting this new world. I hope I was helpful in your transition to digital and hope I made this an easy experience. Once again good luck!
too busy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2005, 8:00 PM   #3
Super Moderator

might i also make the suggestion of Nikon's 5900.. it is in the same price class as those mentioned, but from what i have seen it offers better image quality... it also offers features from easy point and shoot automatic modes, to full manual control.. imo it offers one of the best values on the market at this time as it is a full featured camerafor less than 300USD..

best of luck to you, dustin
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote