Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 5, 2005, 5:30 PM   #1

I know a lot about digital photography and enjoy every aspect of it. My grandparents on the other hand are not technical at all! They are planning on a trip to arizona, probably the last adventure they have besides family get togethers. My grandma is the one who will primarily be using the camera and a s I said before, is not technical at all. The camera needs to be small(I am not looking for an ultracompact though). It has to have good pictures, but my grandma has put up with bad photos for a long time so the photos do not have to be perfect. It has to be durable, since she is HUGE with pictures. The price needs to be under $200, the more under the better. Also not sony or any camera using xD memory cards. I was thinking about a kodak maybe? PLEASE HELP!!
too busy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 5, 2005, 6:50 PM   #2

Can't go wrong with a Kodak. They are about as simple as you can get, and despite being looked down upon by the cogniscenti, actually provide a good amount of performance for the dollar spent. You might also consider the Canon A510, and perhaps the HP I recently saw at the local Wal-mart for about $128. Another good choice would be the Nikon that retails for about $199. I can't remember the model no., but you can also find it at your local Wally world. If they still have a few Nikon 3200's left over, you might be able to get them for around $150.....

PhilR. is offline   Reply With Quote