Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 7, 2005, 9:38 PM   #1

I know it gets tiring people asking the same old questions, so I've managed to hone things down taking on board previous postings :-)

I'd like to get a 10x or 12x zoom camera, preferably the Panasonic DMC-FZ5, the Canon S2 or the Sony DSC-H1 for taking architectural pictures for the internet, as well photographing architectural models that can be illuminated, so it needs to have a decent low light performance.

The Panasonic really seems ideal, the only drawback being the lack of manual focus.

Is manual focus as important with digital photography as it is in video for example?

My main concern is focusing in low light conditions (which wouldn't be very often but I'd like to have the option). Do digital cameras in general have difficulty focusing in such conditions, and specifically the Panasonic DMC-FZ5? Also what is this camera's low light performance like in general?

Indeed is the Sony DSC-H1 even a contender against the Canon or Panasonic, as my general impressionisthat they are far superior on a host of levels, including price?!

Any help at all on manual focus and thelow light element would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Graham-Dublin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links