Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 14, 2005, 9:36 AM   #1

I realize that these two cameras are not really directly comparable in many ways but I've narrowed down my camera search to these two. I will be using this camera to do product shots (both indoor with reasonable lighting and outdoor) and on-site at media releases where lighting conditions will likely be indoors and marginal at best. The lens quality, 12x zoom, and OISof the Panasonic are some of the biggest draws for me, as both suggest excellent performance in low light conditions. Also, I am fairly heavily invested in SD memory. In looking at the two sets of sample shots, though, it seems fairly obvious that the Canon produces higher quality images, at least in full resolution and in decent lighting (duh, as it also has a 2MP advantage). However, for what I will be mostly doing, this increase in resolution won't mean much to me as the majority of these images will be compressed for web viewing anyway. So in a nutshell, I guess I'm looking for something that will primarily produce good quality shots in a variety of lighting conditions. I can get either of these cameras for about the same price if you don't include the additional memory cost of the Canon (I'll need to pick up some CF cards). Any input?

James Huang

angryasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links