Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 15, 2005, 12:46 PM   #1

I am looking for a basic 3 to 4MP camera, of which I have the Fuji F601 in my hands at the present time. I have been playing around with it for a couple of weeks andthere are many things that I like aboutit, but since it is such an old model from almost 3 years ago, I am not sure if it is worth keeping compared to some newer cameras for the same price.

Here is what I like about it:

Really Fast Start-Up Time, Some manual features, 3MP fine mode pictures are excellent, aluminum body

Smartmedia Card (Even though I have a couple in my hands), 6MP fine mode pictures doesn't look sharp, poor menu setup

The Camera is a demo costs me $134.97 CDN with a Free Printer, which is a lot cheaper than what it was originally.

Now some of the other cameras which I am looking at witha similarprice and resolution, but newer:

Canon Powershoot A400 $119.99 CDN

Fuji A345 $169.99 CDN

Olympus D-545 $149.99 CDN

Pentax Optio S $149.00 CDN

Olympus D-545 $149.99 CDN

HP Photosmart M407 $125.00 CDN

HP Photosmart R707 $199.00 CDN

Since these are lower end cameras, would choosing any of these newer cameras be better in terms of image quality and speed, or would keeping a higher end older unit be a better choice. One important priority for me is start-up time because I tend to miss a lot of shots with my older camera (Fuji A210) because it was so slow.

Also, does anyone happen to have a D-545 or A345 and would comment on them, as I haven't found too much about them.

kennethh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links