Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 17, 2005, 5:14 AM   #1

hi im thinking of getting a fuji finepix s5100. has anyone got any reasons i should, or cfan tell me a better option for the same price (ie up to about $US350). thanks.
ben8_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 17, 2005, 9:17 AM   #2

I have the S5100 and like it a lot. One other camera you might consider under 350 bucks is the Panasonic FZ-4. 12X optical zoom. 4 megapixels. The advantage is that it has image stabilization. The disadvantage (in my eyes)is that it uses a proprietary battery. In good light, the image stabilization is not that big a deal, in my experience. But in less than optimum lighting, it can help.

Go here for pricing: http://www50.shopping.com/xPC-Lumix_DMC_FZ4~S-P~OR-0

Good luck!
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 10:35 AM   #3

I just bought the fugi S5100 for under $300 so you can look around for a good deal on it. It's a great camera. As mentioned the Panasonic is a good one and so is the Canon S1 although it is 3MP (15% less resolution than the fuji)
nelmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 10:56 AM   #4

I guess it depends on what price you can get it for. I paid $240 for my S5100, and at a price like that, I don't think there is another camera on the market that can touch it. I'm very pleased with the camera...it takes great pictures, it has a lot of useful features, and it isn't plagued by some of the negative issues I have read about (I guess anyone can buy a lemon).

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote