Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 18, 2005, 3:16 PM   #1

My daughter needs a digital camera and the choice has come down to either the Kodak DX7440 or the new Kodak Z730. FWIW, I have had a DX7440 for nearly a year and am well satisfied with it.

The essental differences between the two are price, the 730 being about $75 more, and resolution, the 7440 having 4MP as opposed to the 5MP of the 730.

Kodak says that the firmware is essentially the same save for adaption to the higher resolution. The specs show the 730 to have marginally different (less) performance in several areas, eg, 'click to capture' and 'shot to shot' which may either be due to having to process more MP with essentially the same firmware or simply a correction to the original specs on the 7440.

Most prints are expected to be either 4x6 or 5x7 with, maybe, a rare 8x10. Cropping and 'enlarging' are not expected to be an issue, either.

All that said: Could someone comment on what performance value will come from the additional 1 MPix, that is, will anything useful come from spending the additional ~$75?
jdm124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links