Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 20, 2005, 9:33 AM   #1

I'm in the market for a small camera that I can use on the run and for work. I need a small camera that willfit in my pocket to take pictures and quality video at conferences and shows. Memory sticks and cards are not problem because we have plenty of them at work. Right now 300 is what I'm looking for to spend on a camera and these fit in that range

Canon SD300 (400), Sony dsc-T1, Nikon coolpix 7900

I really liked the Casio 750 and the Sony dsc-T7 and DSC-m1 but they are much more expensive.

Most important is quality pictures and videos indoor and outdoor. Good battery life is important because sometimes I want to tape 30 minutes of non stop videos.

Any recommendations or experience with any of these cameras is much appreciated.

andy2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 20, 2005, 4:49 PM   #2

t1 has really dropped price and is a nice camera as well....i personally have a sd300 and have no complaints
solo118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 10:20 PM   #3

Of your choices the Nikon 7900 has the longest battery life followed by the SD300. The T1 is the lowest, and that is with the LCD turned on for all three. The 7900 and SD300 have an optical viewfinder so you can shoot with the LCD off, extending the battery life further. The only viewfinder on the T1 is the LCD so you can't turn it off.

The SD300 has much faster cycle times than the 7900. It is frustrating to have to wait for the camera to recycle and be ready for the next shot. I think all of them will shoot a 30 minute movie just fine.

The T1 has a pitiful flash. You can get only head and shoulder shots, even at the widest angle.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote