Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 28, 2005, 10:37 PM   #1

Hi Guys,

I've narrowed down my re*****h to 3 cameras (Canon-S1-IS, Kodak-DX-7590, Kodak-DX-7440).....I've searched on internet and these are the cons

Kodak-dx-7440 : Low optical zoom (ok for me)

Kodak-dx-7590 : No image stablization

Canon-S1-IS : very bad Indoor/lowlight focusing, EVF freezes, comes with alkaline batteries, too small LCD, bad focusing overall

Now my requirements are -

1) Family events/parties (mostly outdoor night, low light, low light indoor shots),

2) Sight seeing (mostly daylight shots of monuments, buildings etc, can be night shots too like of Times Square NYC),

I want to use automatic settings and my top priority is to get good shots in a variety of light conditions all at some automatic (without having to fiddle around with the complex settings, although I'll learn them later on). As for the 10x zoom, I'm just considering it for fun right now, but if the cams with zoom don't perform well in low light / bright light conditions in automatic mode then I'll leave them. I'm not planning to buy a tripod ordo bird watching ordo wild life shooting etc, my shots will be around family events, indoors and sight seeing types mostly.

Please suggest which one of the above 3 cams would be the best for these requirements.

Thanks in advance.
manojb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links