Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 30, 2005, 11:42 AM   #1

Hi, at the moment I've got an Olympus C350-Zoom digital camera.

At the time when I bought it it was slightly outside my budget but it was an impulse purchase and I've always wanted a decent camera and it was the best in the shop at the time and as an impulse purchase, the only shop I looked in.

This is my site and there's a small(ish) gallery on there containing examples of the type of pictures I want to take although I would like to try expanding to new ventures like close-up (macro-mode) photography, more vibrant colors and really wherever the cameras takes me.

I like to try and carry mycamera with me whenever I can especially on day outs but size of the camera isn't too important. I don't mind carrying a small "box" around with me as I'll be keeping hold onto my existing Olympus camera for times when I can't take the new one with me.

The other thing I think I should mention is that I also use Photoshop to edit images.

So far I've got my eyes set on a Nikon D70 SLR but after just reading about the NEF file having part of it encrypted I'm now wondering how compatible the files are with Photoshop.

I'm by no means an expert, I just point and click when I see something that I think would make a good photo andmost of the jargon I've seen while browsing the board is foreign. I only recently found out what ISO is so please be careful with me :-)

Thanks in advance
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links