Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 2, 2005, 9:40 AM   #1

Hello All,

Patience please Newb here.

I had my heart set on the casio ex-z750. I want a small camera easy to use with a good movie mode. We will be useing it for vacations camping Disney world etc.

I found a good deal at dell.com on the 750 at 346.00 incl tax

Now I am reading about the ex-s500 and I am getting confused. I know that the megapixels are less, but wonder if this would be better for me. Does the 750 have any cons compared to the s500?

Thanks for all of your help.

jd03ctd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 2, 2005, 10:14 AM   #2

The S500 has no optical viewfinder and it purely point and shoot. It is smaller and lighter than the Z750.

The Z750 viewfinder is small and has no diopter adjustments. I would guess the viewfinder isn't appropriate for someone who wears glasses for far vision. Otherwise the viewfinder is probably fine for someone who wears contacts or has good distance vision. It works well for me and there are times the LCD is washed out in the sun and there is no alternative. The viewfinder also lets you acquire targets more quickly in dynamic situations.

The Z750 has all of the manual modes. Everything is well thought out and very easy to use.

My old carry-everywhere camera was 5Mp and I like the extra pixels. Unless I have plenty of time to frame and am not in bright sunlight so I can frame with the LCD, I find I usually have to do some cropping. There is usually enough left over to print a decent 11 X 14. And if I don't have to crop a 13 X 19 looks nice.

I would say the S500 would be appropriate if:
You normally use the LCD to frame shots.
You don't want large prints.
You wouldn't be likely to use the manual exposure and focus.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote