Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 4, 2005, 10:10 AM   #1

I'm thinking of picking up a digital camera in the near future. I plan to use it on a vacation to Las Vegas andfor taking pictures at wrestling shows (WWE) as well as other typical pictures.

I want something that will take good pictures and I want it to be smaller in size for ease of transport. Because the wrestling shows have similar lighting to concerts, it should take fairly good pics in low lit areas. I'm not looking for magazine quality pics, just something that I will be able to recognize what the picture is of. It also should be able to take good motion shots since those guys move pretty quickly in the ring. I have very little experience with digital cameras, only having used my brother-in-law's a couple of times. I think it is a Sony Mavica, one of the ones that uses CDs instead of memory cards. It's a very nice camera, however I find it to be rather bulky for my likes.

I am currently looking at the A510 and the CX7530 although I would be open to others in the same general price range of about $200 (US). The A510 was given a really good review on a show on G4TV (computer and video game channel) and the CX7530 looks to be superior at least from a technical numbers standpoint. So which is recommended.

Thanks in advance,

bahlsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 4, 2005, 11:33 PM   #2

Check out the Kodak 7630, it has a bigger sensor, plus all the other great features of the 7530.
MikDee is offline   Reply With Quote