Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 7, 2005, 10:36 AM   #1

HI friends

I need a compact comera for taking snaps of my new born.

After reading lots of reviews, I am completely confused. I just want good picture quality , easy to handle and that's it. I have narrowed down my search to Sony P200, Canon SD400 and Fuji F10.

Is there a magic crystal ball which will give me one winner out of these three??:?

thanks for your help-digi
digi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 7, 2005, 11:03 AM   #2

The one advantage to you with the P200 is that it tends to produce a lot less red eye from flash shots. If you aren't into post processing to remove it you might find that an advantage. I would take the P200 of that group because I like to have an optical viewfinder and more control of the photo process in some situations. It seems from your post you just want to be able to aim the camera and get a good shot.

You might find the F10 more appropriate. The higher ISO capability allows you to take shots in many situations without firing the flash. Flash shots from the F10 will give a lot of red eye, but available light shots at higher ISO gives none. Mothers seem to get very protective of flashes in the face of a newborn. And it might be bad for developing eyes. You might have trouble framing shots in bright daylight with no viewfinder though.

The SD400 takes good photos but I see nothing to recommend it for your use over the other two. If you want a viewfinder the lack of red eye on the P200 plus its higher resolution would make it a better choice IMO. If you feel you don't need a viewfinder the F10 has more resolution, a better lens with almost no barrel distortion, and the ability to not use a flash in many situations.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote