Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 10, 2005, 4:36 PM   #1

hello everyone. i was originally looking to buy a minolta x60, but then learned that it did not take the high res movies. in any case, i am leaving for vacation at the end of the week and am looking to buy a camera tomorrow. after posting an earlier question, i am fairly certain that i will buy the canon sd400.couple of quickquestions, however, are:

1) is there really much quality difference b/w the sd300 and sd400. i know that the sd300 is 4 mp and the sd400 is 5mp. (plus the sd300 is going for ~$50-75 cheaper)

2) personally, i did not think the pictures taken with the z750 were all that great--from the sample photos on this website. they seemed much darker than pics taken with the sd400--not to mention the pictures looked more "true"with the sd400. does anybody have any opinions about this, and the z750 in general versus the canon sd400/sd300 in terms of picture quality andfeatures?

3) i looked at the features section for the canons and did not see that either camera had an "audio" record mode. is this true? no "audio" clips alone can be recorded?

i would greatly appreciate any advice. thanks...
atoolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links