Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 15, 2005, 9:16 AM   #1

I'm an old film guy... I have a minolta x-series and some medium and large format cameras. I'm looking┬* to get back into semi-proffessional┬* photography... portrait shoots that I can do on weekends, and some stock. I want to get a digital to add just so that I can shoot with it also and get instant feedback from the shoot and the models. Just an added insurance that I wont have to reshoot.anyways... I dont have much for intial investment , so I'm looking at getting used equipment. I've narrowed it down so far to the canon d60 or a Sigma 9d. Both have image quality that I like. I really like the faveon sensor... if shot right can produce great images. But when you take it out of controled situations, it goes downhill. Now 90% of the images i'll be taking will be under controlled lighting, in the studio or indoors with studio strobes, but I might eventually┬* need it for┬* less controllable situations. and I have the cutest 4 year old that i'd┬* want to shoot some times.The only downside for the d60 is the cost... and thats a big factor.┬* it will probably cost 150-200 more for a d60 and lens. Now to some that's not much, but that will be one of the major things that will be a factor when I go to the accountant/wife what do you guys think? are the downfalls of the sd9 worth trying to pitch the more expensive canon?┬*Allen┬* ┬*http://www.idontblameyou.com
rekkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 15, 2005, 5:36 PM   #2
Super Moderator

how bout a used canon 10d? it has improved AF and overall speed over the d60.. they can be had for good prices these days..
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote