Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 20, 2005, 8:56 AM   #1

The more of these I read on cameras I am considering buying the more confused I get. One might say fantastic images while another says lots of noise in low light. Spot on colour can be contradicted by too saturated in another review. You just don't know who to believe.

I did consider the panasonic z 5 but then 'noisy images in low light', the finepix s5100 has 'some image problems' or needs 'bright light 'to use the long lens, in other reviews it's a best buy. I thought of the dynax dimage z3 but has for and against also. Think I'll go for the fuji 5100 as it's the one I though handled best. I do wish there was some sort of standard way of running tests on cameras. The biggest thing left out is the power of the flash units, pretty important I think-peter
thai3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 20, 2005, 9:04 AM   #2

Read the reviews from the same reviewer.

An all (compact) cameras has noise in low light, all needs"bright" light to help focus when using the zoom. All has some image problem.

But also, all modern digicams in that price range has scene modes to adjust the colours to your liking.

The S5100 has no IS, but is reasonably cheap for its class, and still an excelent camera (from what I hear).

Also consider the Canon S2 IS and the Sony H1. I chose between those two and the FZ5. In the end I chose the S2.
Carrots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2005, 9:19 AM   #3

If you read some french, I can advice this document...

If you don't, you can still open it, the technical terms and rose plot are quite transparent!

Good luck!
polarwasp is offline   Reply With Quote