Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 29, 2005, 6:06 PM   #1

We'rein the market to buy a new digital camera. Wewould like to make our purchase ASAP (our new baby is due any day and we would like to have it to capture those 'moments').We will be using the camera for personal photos of family and vacations.We're looking for something:

- $300 or less

- 5 mp

- 12 ft flash range

- Sharp images with natural skin tones and colors

- Ability to print crisp photos up to 11x14, but mainly 4x6 size.

I've narrowed it down to a few models based on reviews. Any input on the following models would be greatly appreciated. Also, I'm open to suggestions.

- Kodak Easyshare CX 7530

- Olympus C5500

- Canon A95

- Sony DSC W5- Though I'm concerned with the red eye prob mentioned in the review on this site.

- Fuji E510

Does anyone have any experience with the Kodak z760 - I haven't been able to find any reviews on this camera.

Thanks for any help.

afayec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 30, 2005, 8:59 AM   #2

I could not find a review of the Kodak Z760. It appears to be an upgraded DX-7440. The Dx-7440 was a 4mp digital camera and the Z760 upgrade makes it a 6.1mp digital camera. Otherwise, just about all the other features are still there. The DX-740 was a very competent digital camera and I still use mine a lot.

Personally I would stay away from the Fuji E-510 because lot of folks have had problems with it. Yes, the Sony W-5 does indeed have red eye problems big time. Of the cameras that you have listed, certainly the Olympus C-5500 is an under $200 digital camera that really produces great digital photos.

Here is a sample photo from the Olympus C-5500.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2005, 7:17 PM   #3

Thanks Sarah!

It looks like the Olympus takes great photos, I've seen the flower shots you've posted on other threads as well. Is the Seagull photo taken using full zoom? Do the photos you've taken at wide angle and indoorslook as crisp?

Do you prefer your Kodak to the Olympus?

Thanks again for your input.

afayec is offline   Reply With Quote