Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 31, 2005, 12:56 AM   #1

Ok so my first Digital camera was a canon powershot A40. Which I loved and worked great. Till I got married the that camera became my wife's. I was dumb and went out and bought a Canon G5, which is also a great camera but I think its too good for me. I miss my old one. I like the size of it much better and have been looking at the powershot A85 and 95. The only thing I don't like is the AA batteries and not a rechargeable pak. What about the Nikon 7900?

1. What should I do as far as a camera for myself?

2. How much could I get for the G5? Its pretty much brand new.

Please help, I am open to any ideas or offers on the G5
zappadragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 31, 2005, 1:48 AM   #2

The A85 and A95 are fine cameras. You might also consider the S500 (this is last year's model that uses CF cards but still available) which has better optics than the newer SD models. Though the A85/95 have better manual controls.

As for the AA's, you can buy hi capacity (2200 mAh and higher) rechargeable NI-MH batteries for it. The charger isn't as small as the Canon's Lithium batteries and they don't hold their charge over months but otherwise AA's NI-MH batteries should last as long as the pack.

Check on Ebay for used prices on the G5.
moondaug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2005, 3:35 AM   #3

So I think with all the help from this site I have it norrowed down to the final 3 which I will have to go check out in person also.

1. Canon Powershot A95

2. Nikon Coolpix 5900

3. Nikon Coolpix 7900

Too many choices and to much darn info on this site. Steve thanks for making me more confused than I already was! Great job on the reviews too. Almost too much info.

I just want a new camera that will work as good as my old on did.

zappadragon is offline   Reply With Quote