Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 31, 2005, 1:21 AM   #1

I've been looking for a digital camera with the following features:

1. At Least 5.0 MP
2. Memory Dependent Video Recording Function (640x480 Resolution, minimum of 15 FPS)
3. Can capture photo / shoot video and produce decent images on Lowlight / Dim lighted places.

I do have a budget of only $550 (camera & memory) and I came out with the following digicams

1. Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-H1 – 5.0 MP - $440

2. Canon PowerShot S2 IS – 5.3 MP - $480

3. Canon ZR60 Digital Camcorder – 0.64 MP - $400

The Sony & Canon cameras do have a very good image quality and cool video features. Even though not a 5.0 MP, I included the Canon ZR60 Camcorder on my list because of its advance video functions and it has a still-image capture mode.

I need help on deciding what camera should I choose & what factors should I consider? Please rank them from Top 1 to 3 so I would know which one is suited for my budget.

I also would like to know how many minutes of 640x480 15 or 30 FPS video will fit on a 512MB or 1 GB SD CARD / Memory Stick?

I am not looking for a broadcast media quality camera. I do understand that I have to spend $1500 and above to get these quality. What I'm looking for is an affordable camera that can give me decent images and videos on bright and lowlight conditions for the reason that I do not have enough budget to buy a high-end expensive digital camera.

Thank You Very Much & Will Appreciate All Helpful Replies...

Deegeetal Kamera is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links