Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 2, 2005, 12:27 PM   #1

I have a Canon A75 which just died. Best Buy can't fix it so I have the option to get a new camera. Lucky me.

I was looking at the cameras and the guy showed me the A520 first (which would be the same price as the A75). I also looked at the A95 (which would cost me about $50 more). Besides the pixels one of them has a Compact Flash (which I already have with the A75) and the other one takes an SD card. Doesn't make much difference I guess about the cards. It seems that all the new cameras are going away from the Compact Flash cards to the SD cards. Does that make any difference?

One of the things I didn't like about my A75 was the fact that it didn't take such great pictures in low light like at a concert or something.
I'm really just looking for an easy point and shoot that takes nice pictures.

So I guess what I'm asking is would you get the S520 or pay the $50 and get the A95.
Thanks for your help.
squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 2, 2005, 12:44 PM   #2

See if they will let you add the fuji f-10 to your choices. It has a reputation for amazing low light performance. If not go with the a-95, faster lens I think along with more user control, my buddy in kentucky has it and loves it.
amicah22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2005, 3:44 PM   #3

Concert type digital photos require a digital camera that is able to use high ISO settings. In the point and shoot/small camera category there are only two digital cameras that can fill that requirement. They are the F-10, which has been previously mentioned, and the Olympus Stylus 800 which was just introduced.

The F-10 is selling for less than $300 (US) and the Stylus 800 is selling for less than $400 (US). I have attached a sample photo from the Fuji F-10.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote