Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 3, 2005, 11:48 PM   #1

I will only be using this to photograph bathroom accessories for sale via the web. I also want to use my images for print advertising.

I am initially leaning towards the wide angle lens on the Olympus in order to get a wide field of view as I cannot back up too far from my subject. Also, I want to get an excellent depth of field so the manual controls are appealing so I can use aperture priority.

Are there other cameras I should be considering? I can probably be happy with anything above 4 megapixels. Are there other cameras with wide angle lenses?

drj99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 4, 2005, 6:23 PM   #2

Hi drj99: for what you are planning, the C8080 may be overkill. Look at saving some money and try out an Oly C7070. A somewhat smaller camera with excellent photo quality; and with a wide angle lens, but at a cheaper price. It is still a sophisticated camera, but without as many bells & whistles as the C8080.

If you live in the USA or Canada, you can also buy directly from Oly on their e-Bay Auction Site. As of this evening, Olympus had 3 of them available.

Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote