Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 8, 2005, 10:58 AM   #1

Hi all! I am having SO MUCH TROUBLE making a decision. I've had a Nikon 995 for almost 4 years now and it has produced wonderful photos for me (especially close ups). I want to upgrade for the following features...
- Speed (start up/shutter lag/shot-to shot/focus time)
- White Balance (my 995 loses a lot of highlight detail in bright sunlight)
- Manual Focus ring

I am seriously considering the Nikon D70s - BUT, I would be really sad to 1) have to carry around that much weight, and 2) lose the swiveling body. Honestly, I really love being able to hold the camera close to the ground or high above my head and still see my composition.

Also, I primarily use my camera for travel. I take TONS of photos on vacation and want the control - but again, I'm not sure I want to carry around so much weight on my 1-2 week vacations. We're going to Japan for 2 weeks this October, and I'd like to make a decision before then.

Does anyone have any recommendations for me? Thank you!
aschlabach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 8, 2005, 9:20 PM   #2

I carry an Olympus Stylus 800 and a Fuji F-10 in my camera case along with my dSLR. Both are very small and high ISO capable small cameras. Take a look.Either of them might meet your needs.

Here is a F-10 sample photo.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2005, 11:14 PM   #3

I've owned both the 995 and 4500. Great cameras. After owning the 995, I doubt you will be satisfied with anything other than a camera with an articulated LCD. I'd take a hard look at the Olympus C-7070 wide zoom. It's an unbelievable bargain. B&H Photo, a reputable dealer, has it for less than $380. If your tastes run more toward the telephoto end, the Canon S2 IS seems to be getting good reviews.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote