Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 9, 2005, 10:39 AM   #1

Hey guys, I'm having a tough time deciding what my next camera will be. I currently have a canon s200 elph. The canon is good, but I hate the camera in low light conditions, and I just want a nicer camera with better results.

I'm looking to spend $200-$300. Saving money is always nice, but I've been looking at the powershot a95 and fuji f10, both of which are around $300 shipped at the lowest price. I saw a review of the f10, and the low light shooting ability looked amazing... being able to go to iso1600 is a huge plus. I like the powershot a95 becuase it is a canon, and it has had really good reviews.

Some of the things I'm looking for are low light level shooting, being able to take good pictures indoors, and being able to shoot pretty clear movies. I saw a sample clip of a movie from a canon s1 and it looked incredible.... so I might consider that camera though I haven't looked into it too much.

Let me know what you guys think would work best in the $200-$300 price range....thanks!
toygt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 9, 2005, 11:55 AM   #2

The A-95 is a competent digital camera, but unfortunately an aging camera design. However, perhaps you have answered your own question. Here is what you wrote:

"Some of the things I'm looking for are low light level shooting, being able to take good pictures indoors."

That is exactly where the Fuji F-10 will excel. Its high ISO capability, extra long battery life (500 photos on a single charge), and its extended flash range (out to 24 feet!), allows you to get exactly the type of photos you describe above.

In addition, the Fuji F-10 is also a good all around digital camera, if you are willing to use a camera without an optical viewfinder.

Here is a sample no flash/existing light photo taken with a Fuji F-10.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote