Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 15, 2005, 3:54 AM   #1

Compact - Ultra Compact Point and Shoot - pocketable a must

Budget - $250.00 - $400.00 including memory card

Outdoor - beach, amusement parks, parks and Indoor uses - family get togethers, parties, etc.

Slow write and flash annoying. 10-15 seconds between shots unaceptable

Only used auto mode in the past

Image quality paramount - hopefully as good as Canon G2 or as as close as budet will get.

Choices so far:

Canon S500 - like new demo $280.00 including 2 year extended warranty. If it breaks, they will replace with current model on the spot. Comes with extra Canon battery and I can use existing CF cards. Reviews state excellent image.

Canon SD400 - $360 - $380 with addtional battery and SD card. Bigger LCD display than S500 but 4mp. Some reviewers state, S500 CCD better and sharper plus more resolution. Reviews state excellent image.

Canon A520 - $250 - $270 with addtional battery and SD card. Flash shots are slow. Camera is bigger than the other two. Has manual options if I ever want to play. Haven't yet.

Nikon 5200 - $230 -260 with additional battery and SD card. Reviews rate image qualtiy as good but not excellent. Nice feeling camera.

I have seen the Sonys and Olympus' but none of them grabbed me. The Fuji F10 is interesting, especially low light shots. with no flash. It is a little bigger and heavier than I would like.

Which would you choose and why?

Neil64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links